Friday, December 12, 2008

Lame Baker, I'm.

Because I've some egg yolks left the days before after baking the chocolate macarons, I end up finishing the egg yolks on baking bread pudding for breakfast using Kev's recipe. 

I ruined it again, that's why it is not good looking at all :D

And then, this is my matcha macarons. I said that I might not be baking macarons again because the failing probability is damn high for me to bake anything. But I did again, and this time it took super long time for me to finish the whole baking process! I spent my whole afternoon in the kitchen. Sigh. Lame.

At this stage I was so happy because the top layer looks shiny, I thought there's a hope of getting the shiny shell! How I wish the outcome can be as nice as this, or even better, can eat it straight away without baking with this beautiful outlook, because baking slight spoilt my hope again.
Sometimes I memang very celaka, the recipe says 15 to 20mins, but for the first batch, by around 7mins I saw the 'feet' appears and I was jumping for joy, because this is what it supposed to be, shiny shells with feet! I am so dumb and crazy, I don't know what else can be used to describe me, I took it out from the oven at around 12mins. What's more? It wasn't cooked enough and the shiny shells cracked and.. condemned. =="

I took this picture as fast as I could right I took it out from the oven, I was so scared that the shells would crack in few seconds time. Hehehe but they didn't.
I made the green tea butter cream, which was one more failure. There is still a lot left in the fridge now, I have to make something that can be used with the cream. Hmm. 
Anyway, they look so fragile :o The macarons that I see from other sites look so solid but mine were like there's a need of sticking a note saying "Fragile, handle with care." 
I brought some for my bro and people in Sake Room and the last question he asked me before I left was
"Sugar's price drops recently?" :o

So you know why I failed again. 

I realised that no matter how excellent the recipe you give me, and others can make it to perfect, once I'm the baker for the recipe, it never turns out right. :)

Me.. the recipe-ruiner. I can fail any recipe for you! 
Cool not? WAHhahahaha.. :D :D :D

4 comments:

SongKeat said...

wah... really cook none stop ah......... ops is bake!! i can see that ur skill is improving exponentially!

Joe-Lene said...

weh i'm so free at home you know. if dont bake, i will be on bed watching series for the whole day until i feel my waist and back are so pain!! anyway thanks :) heheh

Carrie said...

Hi!

I'm a macaron lover as well! I'm going to try baking macaron soon... And cross fingers, hope it turns out well! Hehe!

And I too have to agree that macarons are sugar-overload! I usually stop at 3.. If not I'll get too hyperactive! HAHA!


Cheerios!

~Live Life~ said...

It looks delicious to me...

Next time I would really like to try your handiworks...