Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hong Kong, 25 Nov 2010

(Wrote this when I was in Shanghai...)

While I'm typing this, a question by LiYin the other day came across my mind. She was asking whether my parents is okay with me to travel alone nowadays. Back then in high school almost everyone knew that I was the one that hardly get permission to go out. But now! I'm traveling alone, from Penang to Sydney, to Hong Kong, to Shanghai.

Okay back to the point, the second day in Hong Kong, I traveled alone to the Ngong Ping for the Giant Buddha. Hopped on the ding ding tram to Central, got the Tung Chung Line and then the Ngong Ping 360˚ cable car. Yes I made it there by myself.


I was in the same cable car with a Malaysian family and yes.. Hokkien! :)

First stop was the Ngong Ping Village with all the small little shops selling souvenirs. Blablablablabla it's hard to earn my $ for souvenirs! And when I spotted the words 山水豆腐花 I went straight in because SK was telling me that there's a must eat tau fu fa! So soft and so smoooooth!



Next stop the 宝莲寺. I thought it'd be good idea to visit the Po Lin Temple first before heading to the Giant Buddha because I'd love to save the best for the last. I was completely wrong after that. Despite the scorching hot sun, my legs were complaining.


So next up is the Giant Buddha! My main purpose of the trip there. The lady at the counter asked if I wanna have some vegetarian food, I politely rejected. But when she asked if I wanna get a view of the statute inside since I've taken such a long way up there, why not?! Yes, I'm always that easy to be persuaded! It came with a complimentary vegetarian meal, so in fact I actually said yes to the vege meal in another way. The lady has got a way to psycho people like me! Hmmmph.

Walked all the way up the staircases... I hope I did apply sufficient amount of sun lotion on my face! Scorching hot sun!! I thought it's winter in Hong Kong!!



I felt myself so stupid for easily get convinced hahahaha because people who knows me know that I'm definitely not a museum/ zoo/ aquarium person. So i walked in the display center and walked through the staircases up to the top and walked out from it, like.. in 5 minutes?! So what's next? I'm looking for the vege meal then.

I said I was completely wrong for visiting the Po Lin temple first before the Giant Buddha because the vege meal canteen is at the Po Lin place instead of the Giant Buddha place. So I got to walk down again and back to the Po Lin place. It was so hot and I was sweating like hell. Arghhh.


And........ the second bowl of tau fu fah! Okay no regrets for the vege meal! When I was back in the city to meet up with my friends, all of them asked if I had the vege meal there. So, I supposed it's a good idea to have the vege meal there because everyone seems to like it. :)




I took the crystal cable car back and had a quick glance at the Citigate outlets. I wasn't in a mood for shopping though, too tired and I've nothing to grab either.

Got a call from Liz asking whether I wanna go for high tea because back in Sydney we wanted to go for one at QVB but that would cost us a lot which was not really worth having it there in the Tea Room. So I rushed back to the IFC mall to meet up with Liz and Albert.

Glam. High tea at the Four Seasons Hotel. I had a luxurious HK trip. Hahahaha. :D



There, we met Ho Hong Sang. Well I had no idea who is him until they told me he's someone really really rich and blablabla some gossips and the family and 四太 was there with him. And things like.. he got stroke years ago and admitted in the hospital for n months blablabla. This is really like what we see from movie for the super rich family with personal nurses. Woah.

And then we met 温碧霞 which I've no idea who is she either! But my mom knows! And they updated me with some gossips too. Hahaha :D I guess this is the life in HK!

After the high tea I went straight to Wanchai to meet up with Jessica and Eva, friends that I knew when I was in Newcastle. They brought me for 大排档 but I was so so so superb full from the high tea. It was yummy but I just couldn't have more...




But... we made it to 五代同糖 for dessert at Causeway Bay even I was soooo full because we wanna try the durian snow ice. Yes, the durian flavoured one. It was really soooooo.. durian!! Interesting!


Back to hotel after bidding goodbye. Tired tired and tired. Walked a lot, ate a lot, walked a lot, ate a lot.. Yea, HK!

No comments: