Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hong Kong, 24 Nov 2010

(Wrote this when I was in Shanghai...)

Arrived in HK at 3pm, a warm welcome from Liz. Awww it's like finally! After 5 months, yea, I do miss her indeed! She got her dad's company's driver to pick me up at the airport and sent me to my hotel at Sheungwan.

After checking in, we strolled down Sheungwan and to Central. Sheungwan is a place with all those dried seafood like dried shark fins, dried scallops, abalones etc etc, they call it 海味街. While strolling down the streets they all look so familiar to me and I was trying to recall when and where did I come across all these. And yes, Sydney's Chinatown/ Sussex St! I know it's.. a little bit 'out' but that's what came across! LOL.

I tried "but chai kou"!! And.. wife's cake, "red bean soft cake"! She bought me these, afraid that I'd get hungry when she went to classes! And Tai Cheong's egg tart, which I was told that lots of 港督 love to visit that. YUM!


Can you imagine the first thing that I actually did in HK was praying at a temple? Weird huh? Haha it was 文武庙! And I get a full set of praying incense!


When she went to classes, I took the star ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui for Star Avenue and  Harbour City. Nothing much about the Star Avenue I'd say, but... I walked all the way just to look for Andy Lau's print on the floor. Yes no joke, LOL, but I'm not a hard core fans.



The Symphony of Lights.. was okay, okay, okay. Nothing amazed me. Teehee.

But I spotted something super duper cute and interesting! The 101 Marathon event they have a display of the very very cute shoes! SO SO SO CUTE I wish I can take photos of every and each of them! Creative aye?




Harbour City Christmas decorations and lighting :) Pretty huh! And 1881 Heritage too!




Blahhhhh Ronald just finished off his work at 9pm (that's HK working lifestyle eih?) and Liz finished her class at 9pm too! Met up with Ronald at TST and we went to Jordan to meet up with Liz and Albert for supper! S U P P E R - the word that has almost disappeared from my dictionary but apparently it remains there as a 'backup'! Yessss this is where I had the most delicious scrambled egg and toast ever!! Simple yet yummiliious, sorry no photos. I was too SHY to take photos. Hahahaha. YUMMM!

And continue with half piece of smelly tofu! It smells.. smelly, but it tastes.. like a normal tofu! Not
that bad anyway, at least it's acceptable for me :)



Walk all the way from Jordan to Mongkok, passing by Templet Street and Women Street. Experienced the local-traditional-aunty-uncle night life by the street, singing and dancing. Hehehehe. And they kept telling me why and why I shouldn't stay at Kowloon area by myself, lol! And the places where many 黑社会 gather! Imagine if I'm staying there and I wander alone, I'd probably have 'intruded' those areas! :D





I'm super duper extremely happy meeting up with them! Life in Sydney without them has definitely become less interesting, I'm missing the good old times!

No comments: