It was the annual Mardi Gras Parade last Saturday! I actually heard this from the cab driver who drove me when I just touched down on Sydney. So yeah, here goes the Mardi Gras Parade of the year again!
The crowd was insane! Okay maybe it's normal. Along the Oxford St you couldn't get a glimpse of the parade, what you could see were people's back or their legs because most of them stood on chairs! So being a shorty Asian it was almost impossible for me to peek at the parade. What we could do was walking up and down the street, finding a tiny place that I could squeeze in. It was really really hard! Thanks to MZ she kept dragging me else I think I would have given up! And everybody was sweating and you could feel their sweat on you just by squeezing through the crowd. It was.. a little yucky actually. Hehehe.
It was really hard to squeeze into the crowd.
It was really not an easy task to take pictures of the parade with such a mad crowd.
I am glad I saw part of the parade because I missed it last year.
Last year same event same location same crowd, we gave up.
Well I am pretty sure this is the one and only year I get to see this parade.
Music, bands, dances, songs, spotlights, colours, shouts, uniforms, cheers!
From countries around the world, to the one nearest to us Thailand! Oh well no Malaysian representatives. Hehe.
It was definitely a hard task to take pictures as the shorty me was always blocked by balloons, flags, hands, heads and camerasssss!
So that's how Mardi Gras Parade in Sydney was!
It was very very tiring. The crowd kept pushing and squeezing, I couldn't even stand straight! Hand shoulder waist knee none of them were not in pain after that! Oh well thanks to my camera battery, it went flat and that actually 'motivated' me to leave the scene earlier! :)
4 comments:
haha!!! charge till full once u home next time :D that will make sure everytime u go out... full!
btw... always test shop at home b4 out of the door.. make sure battery, memory card... insidE
haha actually i knew my battery was half left when i went out but i insisted not to charge LOL okay now i know i can charge at anytime although it's still half left. :)
Haha...a lot of "things" to see huh?
Anyway, I don't know Sydney has such Mardi Gras party too...they started from New Orleans, I guess...
Haha but it was really tiring and don't really enjoy it as much as the crowd. quite pek chek actually hahaa.
Hmm i've no idea where did this parade start from :)
Post a Comment