Thursday, March 25, 2010

showers with loves I can't stop smiling

When the clock struck 12 this thought came in my mind: why are my friends so awesome? ❤
because I could see fb notifications of my name being tagged.

Woke up in the morning as usual and sat in the dining room with lecture notes in front of me I wanna finish the assignment before going out for dinner, this is what I told myself but you know me well I always fail to do whatever I planned. My family doesn't have this tradition to eat 'mee suah' on birthday but since 2008 I celebrated my birthday in this ang mohs land with friends I realised most of my friends have this tradition at home. Mee suah + hard boiled egg, I guess when you are not home you will be more keen to follow whatever the centuries-ago-traditions that you wouldn't even care if you're at home just to make yourself feels more like home.

OKAYYYY cut the not-so-exciting part. 

Oh wait did I say I had mee suah with a hard boiled egg for brunch else what's the point for blabbering a whole paragraph of that centuries ago thingy? Yea just because it is a tradition. :)

Okay, continue.

Mei Zhi told me she needs to go out at three to the post office and soon my Thai housemate came home with a parcel and a purple envelope and "Happy birthday!" I stoned, and "WOW", and like a rock I look at the parcel. Starting from that moment I can't stop smiling, or maybe I started smiling since the morning my fb flooded with wishes. Hehehehhe.

Yes I can recognise the handwriting on the envelopes. I definitely can.


I was puzzled. I don't know whether or not I should open the parcel and I texted my Bee and Cien, I was too excited guess I couldn't think straight that time. After around half an hour staring at it I finally decided to open it. O.o Awwwwwww ❤ I laughed like a crazy one in the living room.

MeiZhi came back.

And I screamed, I really screamed.

"PET!! HOW COME YOU ARE HERE?!?!"


❤ Thank you hua hua, thank you for the mini white choc mousse cake ❤

Pet, you really surprised me! I know my face looked funny the time when you entered O.o plus I screamed! Lol. There wasn't any hint that you're coming, very unexpected! Thank you Pet Pet, Thank you for coming all the way from Newy ❤


She has a name, given by my loved ones. Aries Joe :)


Jurlique by maomao, Aries Joe by my Bee, ciencien and huahua.


We had the dinner at Hurricane Grill and I guess one word sums it all - YUMMY!


I'm bad in words but all I can say is I feel I'm so blessed, I'm so blissful to have my close friends around me. I really appreciate everything you guys did for me although unlike the past years I have bunch of buddies around me, like the pasts this year would definitely be another memorable one. Thank you for the planning and the celebration, and the surprises, thank you xinyun petpet meizhi and maomao!



So lovely that I have my beloved ex-housemates to blog for my birthday although they are not by my side this year, and both of them said the same thing to me, "This is the first year since I knew you I couldn't celebrate your birthday with you." This sounds sad but this is how sweet we are. Yea same to them, I've actually thought of this too. :(

*arghhh i really dunno how to express myself already*

No matter just a simple wish or so I truly appreciate everything. I know I'm loved. :) Let me keep all in my mind I can't spill them out, I'm too happy and words just can't describe all.

❤ 22 ❤

4 comments:

Bee said...

Awww. You had an awesome birthday (((: Glad everything was great!

Kevin Khor said...

Woah...NICE celebrations ehh!! Joe, me too, can recognize the hand-written mail for ya, esp the one from ACT!! Hee...have a great time there ;)

Anonymous said...

WHERE IS THE LITTLE KITTENS? wow.. happy leh.. i wan tat fooddddd.. ribssss..

Joe-Lene said...

My bee yes yes i had an awesome birthday! seriously i couldn't stop smiling. lol :) thank youuuuu <3

YES KEV!!! hahahah obviously you've received. ahem. hahaha. touched not? i'm so touched when i saw that!

ricric, let me see your little piglets first okay! and oh don't eat yourself!