Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sweet sweet people I met

It feels awesome when people treat you so nice!

We had a dikir barat practice scheduled at 8pm last night, some of them knew that my class finished at eight. And they brought me food (or fruits)! :) :) :) Shafiq brought me 2 bananas and Shee Ling brought me two apples! I had actually taken my dinner at home due to the class finished at an hour earlier. Still... so sweet of them :))))))))

  
When I was home after the practice my neighbour texted me and asked whether or not I want a loaf of bread. I was like, "Huh why suddenly bread? At this time? It's already late at night." To my surprise, the Malay has this culture as "hadiah perkenalan", as courtesy! Mind you, I got to know my Malay neighbours just very recently through the dikir barat. It's lame I know, after neighbouring for 6 months. =p

So nice! 


Hahaaha :p Their car broke down on the way back from uni and we stopped by to see whether or not we could offer any help. Eventually the most helpful thing Pet and I did was chit-chatting with them while they were waiting for their friend to rescue them. :D :D :D It was fun, not funny, heh.

Sweet sweet dikir barat people, so cute. :) They made my day.

2 comments:

Bee said...

Dikir Barat! Whoa. Haven't heard of that word in ages!
Geez. You should post up a video of it! d:

Joe-Lene said...

my bee :) i don't have the video at the moment. hopefully we will get it for the full performance on the merdeka nite day itself. heheheh.. it's fun!