Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Music related thoughts II

After leaving JSPO for four years, just recently I realised what is the biggest impact and significant change has inherently rooted in me. This is somehow sarcastic that I only came to realise it after four years but I am grateful of what I've been through that had made up my characteristics today.

For the 5 years everything we spoke, we were in music language. We count, we beat, and we play on every single note accurately. Rhythm and tempo accuracy is the most basic principles that we learned. Talking about the trainings and practices which are apparently very music related, we have this very strict and proper set of training which is very productive in giving out a piece of good work. Every beat we count, every step we move, every body movement we do, we are well-synchronised.

Eventually my past and experiences shape my characteristics today. I realise that I am a person who wants things to be well-organised. I wouldn't say I want it to be extremely organised because to what extend the extreme is, this depends on how people interprete it.

When it comes to proper matter like performances, I hope it is strictly and seriously trained and practiced to perfection. Perhaps this was what we were seeking for back in the past that every single thing must be perfect, or even excellent. Remember back in the school field everyone was showing their super "charcoal face" not because of the scorching sun but the high requirement by the drum major, the feeling wasn't good for sure when we were in forced. But, the outcome was definitely what we were looking for.

I feel uncomfortable when things just don't go in the right way and everything is just so messy. This is the "fault" of JSPO, I can't do things unorganisedly now.

No comments: