Friday, July 24, 2009

My winter, Christchurch

This is gonna sum up my winter trip in South Island New Zealand!

After 5 days of travel departing from Christchurch on the first day, we were back in Christchurch on the last day and when we reached it was already night time, shops were closed and the city is quiet.


Guess I haven't mentioned our trip started of with a heart attack drama, eih? ;) This is how the story goes. Few of us including me didn't bring along our student visa and the Jetstar person refused to check in for us without visa and the most memorable yet ridiculous phrase I heard from them was, "We only have 10 minutes before the closing time for the check-in. For the four of you without visa we only manage to do one visa for one of you. Now make a decision who is going." That's why some of our friends received our calls at 7am early in the morning asking for help, that's why I woke up my mom at 5am asking for my visa number, that's why we even woke up Karen from Inti UPO asking for any solutions. I know we were crazy but if you were me you would have gone crazy or even crazier than me.  I'm sorry and thank you for those who received my calls early in the morning, I know it ain't fun. :)

The airport-drama prolonged until the very last minute I left Christchurch. Gosh.. an interesting ending for me. I thought my flight from Christchurch to Melbourne was scheduled at 6.50am, in fact it was 6.15am and we only came to realise that when ShihYen mentioned about it. By that time it was nearly 6am and when we rushed to the gate, thank God it wasn't far like it's the very last gate from the hallway, we were the very last persons to go in and the Jetstar air stewardess wasn't friendly with us because we were so late. :S Argh... Sigh. I nearly screwed up but I still couldn't figure out why it was 6.50am stamped in my mind and I was like pretty sure about it. This is so wrong, tsk.

More drama. Reimbursement incurred for the rented cars because we chose to omit the insurance, a huge lesson learned here. Sorry mates.

Within 5 days we have driven through approximately 1700km and more than 24 hours of driving from Christchurch, to Dunedin, to Te Anau, to Milford Sound, to Queenstown and back to Christchurch via Mount Cook. It's a wow to myself too, I didn't realise it was that much until I just calculated it. Wow :)

Proudly present to you my beloved travel buddies with whom the time and memories we cherished together. :)
Love you guys lots, xoxo.
 KhaiChi - Hua - Cien - Mao - Joe - Jim - Siang - Zhi - ShihYen


I feel so blessed and loved ❤❤❤ thank you papa mama.



Photos courtesy of Khai Chi and Siang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the last pic.. MAO MAO looks like he is form 5 again.. hahaha