Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My winter, Queenstown

Although we spent two nights in Queenstown but precisely saying we only had one day for activities in Queenstown and we were short of time for more activities so the night before we had to plan ahead for the route and activities we were more interested in and get the plan done so that we wouldn't be wasting time on discussing where and when to go. 

I don't want to but I couldn't help to show off how large how comfy and how great was our room in Queenstown Scenic Hotel. Wooops! 



Nahhh don't think that we are that rich and generous to pay that much for it, it's definitely a big nono for this, we were just lucky. We were actually pre-arranged to a 3 star hotel instead of this 4 star suite but thanks to the lady who missed out that we were checking in on that day and there wasn't any room left for us and so they kindheartedly upgraded us to this 4 star suite. She kept apologising when I was waiting for the check in but I didn't feel sorry at all and of course I was happy! Who would ever feel sorry for an upgrade and we were paying less for what we've got. Duhh! =p

The street view early in the morning when we went for breakfast. Ughhh I'm sick of western breakfast which typically comes with bacon or ham, sausages, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach on toast. Moderation is good but too much is just unfavourable.



Okie I'm here to overload you with stunning panoramic view again! They're all gonna be large photos from now on oh yeshhhh I just learnt from LiYin! I'm gonna change the previous posts pictures to this huge huge pictures woohooo!

Gondola Ride


I love this picture! Alright I love all the pictures but this one just simply attracts me a little bit more or maybe it is the glass house that is more eye catching?



The Luge Ride
Don't we look like the Mario family? Okay only if you know the Mario Kart it's very very cute heheheh :D Mario Luigi Daisy Peach Yoshi, anyone? :) :) :)


The Shotover Jet
Very very the expensive oooops yes indeed it is for the 25mins jet ride :S Fast, cold and freezing, even my jaw was half froze, the strong freezing wind's fault!


On the way to our next destination - Wanaka.

You can see me with two layers and a scarf only but don't ever underestimate the temperature at the moment it was in fact super freezing but I was just too lazy to put on my winter coat and thought it's just a few minutes to the public toilet I could endure the coldness. The truth is right after this shot I hopped into the car immediately and kept shivering with heater switched to the max.


The Puzzing World


On the way back from Wanaka to Queenstown, snow is everywhere!


I find this picture lovely hehehehe :) Love it!

Driving in the snow mountains along the edge and the mist was so thick that I barely could see and what adds to the worst is it was raining, it is... terrifying. To be frank my heartbeat was slightly abnormal for the whole journey especially when I felt the car had just slipped a little until we got over the snow mountains. All I hope was the car braking system not to go malfunction and if it slipped and we were at the edge, goshhh imagination serves you best at this point. I know it sounds a bit ridiculous but that was what in my mind at the moment. What could I say to end this eery paragraph? LOL. This would stay long and be part of my best memories. :)



Photos courtesy of KhaiChi, Siang and ShihYen :)

7 comments:

~LiYinism~ said...

wahhhh so much more captivating with hugh pictures!!! faster re-blog your snow post with huge huge pix!!! hehehehehhehe

[I Live For This] said...

wow.. all i gotta say is, wow!

Bee said...

breathtaking! I am so excited for my nz trip though it is gonna be very different from yours. Summerrrrrrrrr (; Miss youuuuu my joe

fzelemet said...

hua hua dare to take the.........cable car meh......she not scare?

Joe-Lene said...

LiYin : yes definitely blogging the sceneries with huge huge pix! more satisfaction too! hahahah :D

ChunHwa : definitely deserves WOW and more than WOW hahahah :)

Nicole : Greattt!! planned your summer trip in NZ already? south or north island? it's gonna be very fun!! :D :D miss you too my bee!

Ken : She scared but still managed to take pic! hahah

jiinherng said...

Joe, really look very different buy putting large pictures. teach me!!!!

Joe-Lene said...

jiinherng : i just learnt from LiYin only! i can teach you too but i'm not pro enough. just a newbie hehehe :)