Tuesday, July 28, 2009

9 days in Melbourne

If you ask me what did I do in Melbourne, it is all about people and food! Food hunting everyday and I was kinda tired at the last few days and chose to stay at home sometimes when LiYin was out to work.

Walking around in the city with LiYin, KhaiChi and Vera


Chocolateria San Churro


Met up with Eva and Jessica for early breakfast
who are going back to Hong Kong after 4 months of exchange in Newcastle :)

HSC 2006 Melbourne Gathering
at Little Lamb Steamboat, Russel St




F*fu Gathering
Dinner at 渔湘阁, followed by dessert at 天仁茗茶



Late night out at KokoBlack, Lygon St
Chocolate Affogato!


Miss Marples Tea House
with LiYin and PeiNi

I purposely nagged LiYin to bring me there just because of the scones and strawberry jam I heard from the Melbourne people it's so yummy yummy that they can travel so far like 1.5 hours just for that. But we were over bloated of the scones, we ordered 1 serve but it came in 2 serves and I myself finished one whole serve of it, this is so freaking a lot man! Reached my maximum utility satisfaction and it went down a little bit, too much too much. Moderation is good, moderation is good. Lol. Anyway the strawberry is really sooooooo good! :) It's worthy after all.

Full shopping day @ Camberwell Market, Bridge Rd, DFO Spencer St
Spot the cute monkey hp holder?! The only things I bought from Camberwell market! I also bought a Tofu hp holder because I simply didn't know how to make choice between the two. LiYin went for fashion stuffs but I went for this cute stuffs instead! Lol. So cute and adorable!!



Italian lunch at Sophia, Camberwell


Harajuku at Melbourne Central
Passed by this Harajuku shop and immediately hopped in for a Red Bean Custard crepe. LiYin couldn't take it with me anymore, I've been consuming uncountable sweet stuffs and she finally surrendered. :)



Max Brenner for Belgian Waffle
Thumbs up!  *Sluuurrrp*


Walking around Federation Square



Dinner at Rose Garden, Elizabeth St; Dessert at Gelatissimo, Lygon St
With LiYin and Liang on the last night before I left, and LiYin also made us her own invented toasts and cheese with Italian dressing and Cereals-Nutella balls when we reached home. She meant to made us fat, or ...? ;)


At Kelvin's gf's house, Eureka Tower
This place is so glam man! But apparently you will be bored of Melbourne night view if you stay there, the night view seems to be nothing for you after all. But gosh... it's so pretty!


Met up with Shin Hoon at Il Dolce Freddo
Finally I get to try the very recommended ice cream by LiYin after 3 failed attempts which she claimed to be the best ice cream she has ever eaten. It's really goooooood! I miss the green tea flavour ice cream, and the pandan coconut flavour too! Yes I know it's weird for pandan coconut, heh? But it tastes so hometown-ish and I like it! :)


On the last day, LiYin cooked me her signature seafood tomyum soup with kueh tiaw for my lunch, thanks babeh! :) I don't mind to give you my address for you to courier me anytime! Hehehe.


Okay this is the end of my Melbourne post. Phew~~ Manage to squeeze and summarise 9 days in one post although I skip some activities out. Basically this trip to Melbourne is a quite relaxing one without the need to wake up early in the morning or rushing here and there in the city. All I did was wake up at around 9 or 10 and prepared to go out for brunch and hang around in the city, meeting up with friends and food hunting. So relax, so enjoyable! :)

But back to the reality, uni starts today! I only have two days of classes per week, is that something fun or sad? :) Okay, gotta prepare to class! Buh byeee :)

7 comments:

Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bee said...

Feeling down now. Looking at your melbourne trip photos made me feel hungry and really wana indulge in those sinfully yummy chocolates, waffles, scones.
And you are so lucky. I have classes every day )':
Oh no. It became a rant instead of a comment. Lol.

Joe-Lene said...

why are you so down my bee? hmm? and yea those desserts are so sinfully yummy and i've a sudden crave for pancakes now! gosh, classes everyday, compared to mine :S 2 days pw! dunno should i :) or :(, mostly :) i think hehe. and...
my bee you can rant anytime anywhere at me, ok? :) cheers!

Anonymous said...

waa.. sweet tooth.... hehe..

Joe-Lene said...

yeaa sweet tooth! hehehe. so nice so yummy!

Lee Kar Leng said...

joe.. my saliva coming out when seeing the nice nice food pictures.. its looked very nice and delicious.. YUMMY YUMMY.. how a nice 9 days trip.. btw, take care ya!!

Joe-Lene said...

Kar Leng: hehe yeaaa those yummy yummy food! i miss them too. :) you take care too ya! keep in touch!