Not a big heavy snow that you can see a white layer all over the places, still... it snows, in Shanghai, light snow! We checked the weather forecast yesterday and it showed "snow with rain". So after finishing an article reading, I was walking by myself around the rural area nearby the university to take some photos. On one side, you can see all the skycrappers buildings; on the other side, it's the poor side of Shanghai. A big contradiction indeed. We are advised not to eat the street food just to avoid getting food poisoned or anything. Yea, I think no one would like fully utilise the travel insurance that we bought. But looking at those "household industry" selling along the streets at 0 degree celcius, it's not the food that tempted me, it's more like a support to them, trying and tasting what they have usually as opposed to the other side of Shanghai where people usually dines in classy restaurant. You can pay for 35 yuan for 6 dumpings or buns in Din Tai Fung, yet you can also pay for 1 yuan per dumping or per bun at the street stalls. The quality of food is negligible, they are yummy. Yea, "snow with rain". I tried to make sure it's snow, not rain - just don't want to be fooled by myself. So when the snow gets a little heavier, I'm sure it's snowing, not raining. Double confirmed when I heard someone saying, "下雪了!" |
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
下雪了
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment