Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Catching up!

Haven't really been blogging lately, although everyday seems to be so normal and nothing seems to be extraordinary to me, rupa-rupanya I have some left behind that I don't know is my laziness that leaves them behind or .... most probably laziness, can't deny.

I made kuih kodok for our "Makan-makan Sampai Pengsan" party! :) Easy job, flour + eggs + water + bananas + dessicated coconut = :D Hmm I should have put some baking powder inside, or maybe if I make it again next time I shall decrease the portion of flour, and more banana, more and more banana :) tastes more banana-ish! But still, moderation is good else if it's too banana-ish I can't shape it probably.



So I already had kuih kodok here. My next kuih-muih craving is kuih dadar, kuih talam, kuih ubi kayu, ondeh-ondeh...... Aiyo, gimme any kuih now I will sapu for you! Ohhh... I want keropok lekor! We will make it one day, hmmph, you will see!

I can't stop when it comes to a food topic. :S Nevermind, let me continue.

I kept browsing through Okonomiyaki recipe recently, I must do one soon to satisfy my crave! I miss the taro+carrot pancake mom used to make it at home, it's simple but with the taro it tastes so heavenly to me. I am a taro freak! Anything with taro will definitely catch my attention first. Or maybe I should also do scallion pancake one day, or any type of Chinese-savoury pancake with vegie inside. Shit this reminds me of my beloved don't know what-green-vegie pancake at home, dip with chili sauce it's so perfect OMG! And being a typical Teochew, I'm thinking of "kuang chiang" now! :( My mom's kuang chiang is the best! [Yes yes, Kev? I know you love it! =p]

Enough of food. Hmmmmm. Too much to continue.

A night out for Wei Xiang's 21st birthday at Goldbergs'. We are so typical Malaysians because the main thing we want is to have a yumcha place, and whether or not we really enjoy tea-ing/coffee-ing it doesn't really matter, all we want is chit-chatting, gossiping and still, mouth exercising. :)


Mom, am I a Buddhist? Or I should better regard myself as a Taoist?

I went chanting and listened to a dharma talk! So unbelievable to me myself @@ Maybe I did before or I couldn't really remember, but this is so formal! I'm going again this Sunday, let's see how far can I maintain. 

At Cham Shan Temple, Morisset.


My dikir barat family :) Not all in though, most were absent. How nice is it if we always have some makan-makan during our meetings and practices. We are so Malaysian, ain't we Malaysian loves makan-makan?! =D No matter what gathering or outing we have there must be food involved, back in Penang or here in Newcastle, whenever we gather around we go for food, this is for sure!

Kita anak Malaysia!
Go go M.Fest! :D


So much uncertainties recently. Whatever you heard me saying before, you could just wipe them off from your mind because they probably don't exist anymore. Where am I going next? I need to restructure and rebuild the whole mindset, everything changed. Not until the very last minute, I won't know the definite answer. Or maybe there won't be a definite answer? But still there must be one. Sigh. Lead me please, anyone?

No comments: