Saturday, November 1, 2008

AYA Dream Malaysia Awards 2008



AYA, which stands for Asian Youth Ambassadors,is a non-profit organisation founded in Malaysia for the primary purpose of “inviting, inspiring, instructing and involving young people to dare to dream and be responsible in fulfilling those dreams for the good of all”. (Oh well, I just quote it from AYA Awards website.)

And so here is our friend, Michael, proudly a Penangite whom is now one of the 7 finalists, is going for this outstanding award in few days time!


Michael Teoh Su Lim (Michael)
A small town boy from Penang who was ridiculed by and rejected in school for being ‘weak’, he persevered through the odds that were against him - winning and representing the country in two international competitions.

Currently pursuing a major in Marketing and International Business in Auckland University of Technology (AUT), New Zealand, he raises the Malaysian flag proudly being hand-picked to the Harvard Project for Asian and International Relations (HPAIR) business conference. Aside from topping the Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE) competition twice, he continues impacting the lives of many through global youth and leadership conferences, and community projects
.

He appeared in the press for maybe not thousands, probably hundreds but for sure tens times in New Zealand and Malaysia. People who have his Facebook account know this for sure! He has a photo album with the title "Michael Teoh in the Press"! How cool is that huh? But yeah this shows how cool is he! Perhaps you might think that he is just showing off of how many times he was pictured by the media and how proud is he for being addressed as "overachiever of the year" like below. But hey if you were him.. haha I couldn't imagine that on me.

Make his dream comes true. He needs your support, he needs everyone's support. Only 30% of the final decision is based on public votes, so it's unlike those competitions like Superstar and Malaysian Idol that based fully on public votes. I buy you more credits, what you need to do is just keep pressing "Send". 

So I've made my move through my bro. It's your turn!
Step 1:
Type: AYA [space] 
Y [space] 4

Step 2:
Send to: 36828

Submit your vote by or before 2 November 11.59pm! There are only 2 days left!!

I actually feel pressured when I'm blogging this, not that I'm unwilling to do, but I wish I could write even better that helps, and I've no much readers here. So what can I say? He is a Penangite, he is from Chai Leng Park, he is a Chinese, and he is my friend. These reasons sounds so personally? Check it out at  http://www.ayaawards.com/ then.


Good luck Michael! :)

No comments: